The Universita per Stranieri di Perugia offers various Italian tests and exams for foreigners, which certify the skill of the candidates in the use of the Italian language in a social context of work or study.
- CELI (Certificati di conoscenza della lingua italiana) are certificates which assess the student’s general knowledge of Italian. From CELI Impatto (CELI 1) (A1) to the most advanced, CELLI 5 (C2). These exams are aimed at adults.
- CELI adolescenti (CELI a): these are certificates aimed at adolescents between 13 and 17 years of age.They assess the use of Italian in the context of young people and the exam levels are A2, B1 and B2.
- CIC (Business Certificate). These certificates are aimed at people who work in commerce. There are two levels:
- CIC Intermediate B1: Certifies that the person in question is able to manage alone speaking business Italian in a commercial environment.
- CIC Avanzato C1: Certifies that students have an advanced knowledge of Italian which enables them to communicate skilfully and independently.
- DILS-PG (CERTIFICAZIONE IN DIDATTICA DELL’ITALIANO LINGUA STRANIERA): This certificate guarantees the teaching capacity of the language to people of foreign origen.