A course with a practical approach for participants who intend to develop didactic material in English and use it in their classroom, monitored by a highly qualified teacher of English.
English classes for professionals
Objectives for the course:
- Recognition of different styles of communication and how to improve understanding and build rapport with others.
- The role of body language and voice tone in effective communication.
- Communication of the message (oral & written language) in an effective and engaging way for the recipient.
- Development of didactic material for teaching in their centre and for use in their own classes with guaranties of linguistic quality.
- Design of personal material through the use of the latest technological applications, facilitating the teaching of content, and making classes more fun and effective.
- Consolidate the linguistic level of the participants: increase confidence, understanding of individual strengths.
Professionals of education who teach their subjects in English in schools and vocational training centres.
Requirements to be fulfilled by the participants:
B2 or C1 level in English
- A course with a practical approach
- Each participant will develop their own didactic content
- The opportunity to develop material produced using various digital tools for a later use.
- Whilst simultaneously, each participant will consolidate their English level.
Dates, timetable, length of the course:
- Starting date: 24/02/2018 – Ending date: 23/06/2018
- Time: Saturdays 09.00-12.00
Elduaien centres in Tolosa and San Sebastian
B 2/C1 level student of English according to the European Framework of Languages (description)
- Factual writing
- Terminology for current methodologies
- IT resourses for searching for information in English
- IT applications for presentations
- English dictionaries online
- Distinction of the individual sounds in English
- Connected speech
- Stress-timed languages
- Common mistakes
- Tricks on pronunciation for non-natives
- Structure of a successful presentation
- Voice tone and projection
- First impressions and building rapport
- Body language.
- Active listening